Care and Support Worker
Guinness Care and Support has a new part time opportunity at our friendly older persons residential home in Paignton. This position is to work 22 hours per week, on a 7 day rota. We are looking for people who are flexible to cover shifts over a 24 hour period.
The purpose of this role is to provide a high quality and customer focused care and support service that responds to the needs of the customers, enhances quality of life and promotes independence. Key duties will include personal care, enhancing the social and emotional wellbeing of customers, creating a comfortable and stimulating environment for customers, assisting in ancillary duties as necessary, maintaining accurate records, promoting customer involvement in shaping and monitoring services, and ensuring that customer care plans and risk assessments are followed.
* Demonstrates a sensitive and supportive approach to vulnerable people maintaining their dignity and self respect at all times.
* Willingness to undertake training and to study for Health and Social Care Diploma or equivalent qualifications.
* Ability to work with older and other vulnerable people, tailoring approach to individual circumstances.
* Ability to work as part of a team.
* Ability to work on own initiative.
* Ability to work flexibly within a shift system.
* Experience in a relevant care setting.
* Relevant Health and Social Care Qualification.
Closing date: 25th January 2013.
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Paignton
Salary : £6.40ph - £6.75ph
Date Advertised : 09 Jan 2013
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.